Tuesday, January 10, 2012

flossing my teeth...

...I don't do it very often so when I do, it hurts and my gums usually bleed. I don't like flossing my teeth. It's uncomfortable. It's easier to just leave them. To forget about it until I go to the dentist and he tells me I really should floss more often. It's healthy. It will prevent other problems in the future. But still, I choose to take the easy and comfortable route.

Tonight, as I was flossing my teeth (for the first time since my last visit to the dentist), God began revealing something deeper to me. He whispered into my heart that I do this in my relationships with others and with Him. 

WHAT, GOD?!

I often avoid confronting the things in my life that are hard or uncomfortable. Things that bring up pain or hurt from the past. But the truth is--God wants me to come to Him every day with these things. He wants me to open up my heart to Him and allow His truth and love to pour into the depths of my heart to HEAL it.

...Jesus, I want more of you. Help me to open my heart so you can bring healing...


TRUST. 
Because of my past, I don't trust guys. I have been hurt SO much in the past. 
I say I trust God, but do my actions and the way I live my life truly reflect that?
Or am I trying to be in control of everything I do?
I need to TRUST God and others, instead of trying to do it all myself.

LOVE.
My view of love has been skewed my whole life.
I have been believing that I have to do something to be loved.
Truth: Jesus loved me first and HE died for ME. 
Nothing I do will ever make Him love me more...OR less.

2 comments:

  1. Love the illustration. I'd take it even further, when you show up to the dentist, and he knows that you've struggled with being obedient, yet he takes you and gives you care. The Lord is the same, we continue to neglect his guiding hand and find ourselves in bad situations... His Love never fades! Bottom line, we know the Truth, but we must chose to live by it! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful Cassie. Thank you so much for sharing this! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete