Friday, January 13, 2012

faith like a child

[Anderson, Herman, & Asmin on our first visit]

I have really enjoyed spending time with Herman's family--and especially with his sweet niece, Asmin. At first she was super shy and didn't really know what to think about us. Now, she gets super excited whenever we come over to visit. She always wants me to hold her and play with her. Every time we visit she is filthy, wearing the same outfit, no shoes, and dragging around a dirty little stuffed animal. Asmin lives in extreme poverty, but is so content and she has the most precious smile I have ever seen.

[playing with Herman's puppy, Cuatro on our second visit]

I love picking her up, holding her, telling her she's beautiful, and praying that she will grow up to know the Lord. I pray that she will one day come to know the love of her Father in heaven. That she will begin to grasp the love that He has for her. And that she will live her life to please Him above all else.

[our third visit...love this sweet girl]

As I think about my life, I am rich in the eyes of the world. But am I even half as content as precious little Asmin, who has nothing? I guess this is why the Bible says we ought to have faith like a child. They have so little, know so little, and are so eager to learn. I love that God is teaching me more about Him through the beautiful people and especially the sweet children here.

1 comment: