Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bring on 2013!!

WOW!! I cannot believe I have been living in Honduras for over a year now! So many great things happened at Zion's Gate Ministries in 2012, and we are expecting 2013 to be even better!! 

  • Over the course of this year, our family has grown from three teenage boys to 9 boys and a baby girl. This year, we will be adding more girls to our family when our girls' home is completed in the next two months. 
  • We have hosted over 300 missionaries this year, and expect that many or more in 2013, including a few individuals who have committed to return to Honduras to work with our ministry longer-term.
  • With the help of World Race and Passport teams, we did many service projects in Los Pinos, such as paint houses, clean up trash, and build an out house. 
  • We have prayed and seen physical healings, restoration in families, and miracles that only God could do.
  • We started meeting as a family every night to pray and share the Word of God, and it has transformed our family.
  • We have rejoiced and suffered TOGETHER.
  • The Lord planted the dream in my heart to build a girls' home on the property and it is becoming a reality!
  • We hosted the first annual community Christmas party on our property thanks to Roger Van Horn and his parents.

[our family minus Tony plus Roger & his parents]

We live our lives by FAITH, and the Lord continues to PROVIDE everything we need.

2 comments:

  1. Cassie, I am so thrilled to see the progress you are making! Honestly each post just blesses my heart. I think I feel a camaraderie because we here in CO are ministering to both the Adams 14 and Mapleton School districts in north Denver. My heart swells as you extend yourself in love being the hands, feet and voice of Christ and bringing such joy and much needed love to these kids through God's Word and by meeting so many of their physical and emotional needs. I continue to pray for you and encourage the Church to do as well!
    Much love to you Cassie,
    Nancy from True Life Church

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss y'all so much! You guys were such a blessing for me! And, still are.

    ReplyDelete